Direct Care Staff - Night Shift
Direct Care Staff report to the Facility Manager. Direct Care Staff Members shall be a minimum of 21 years of age, pass all background clearances qualify for the LUYH approved drivers list, CPR/first aid certified and shall qualify for the position by meeting at least one for the following qualifications:
● Have a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree;
● Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit;
● Have completed 12 semesters units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have 100 hours of experience working with youth.
● Have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
● Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year.
● Have relevant experience as determined by the Department to meet any of the above requirements.
● Relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice as a consumer, mentor or care giver or other relevant experience as determined by the department
DIRECT CARE STAFF (Nightshift)
● Responsible for providing child-care coverage during the midnight hours, Monday-Sunday.
● Responsible for checking on youths while they sleep in 15-minute intervals
● Provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
● Responsible to ensure laundry services are completed, as well as other light clean up and maintenance.
● Aid in wake-up responsibilities.
● Know and abide by agency policies
● Disallow youth to exchange clothing or items of personal property without approval.
● Invoke staffing team disciplinary action to be carried while on duty.
● Participate in staff meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars required by the agency.
● Attendance at all treatment team meetings and in-service training mandatory.
● Responsible for recording daily activity every 15 to 22 minutes in logbook: incident reports, and other monitoring devices.
● Crisis and/or on-call responsibilities as needed. Direct Care Staff report to the facility managers/ Administrators